5 Ways To Save Money While Living A Healthy Life
1. Prepare your own food. Start meal planning. Try to use the same ingredients in multiple meals. Buy in bulk when possible. When meal planning, always have days scheduled for leftovers so nothing goes to waste.
2. Eat less meat. Meat tends to be the most expensive ingredient. Try doing a "Meatless Monday" or do egg salad sandwiches or veggie omelet. Eliminate processed food as much as possible. Homemade is usually better for you and a lot of times ends up costing you less than processed foods. Do not buy the sugary treats. Most of them are just empty calories.
3. Sell used items. Everyone can find things laying around their house that they do not use anymore. Go ahead and have that garage sale or list your items on a Facebook sale page. You can actually make money while freeing up some space in your house. You can also find a local charity to donate your items to if you don't want to deal with selling them. Getting rid of the clutter in your home will lower your stress level.
4. Work out at home. You don't have to go to a gym to get exercise. Go for a walk around the block, take a couple extra trips up and down the stairs, or do some stretching while you are cooking supper. It all adds up!
5. Drink plenty of water. It will make you feel better and you might even lose some weight if you are used to drinking sugary drinks. You do not have to buy bottled water. Once you get used to not having the flavored drinks, water will start to all taste the same. It is recommended that you drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day. You will not believe the difference it makes!